Set up a fundraising group in your area
Volunteers are vital to the work of Thames Valley and Chiltern Air Ambulance. We provide a lifesaving service without any support from central government. Without our network of volunteers who give their time and skills to help us raise vital funds we couldn’t continue to be there for everyone - whenever and wherever they need us.
We believe that volunteering is a relationship based on mutual respect, understanding and team work. We are serious about our commitment and responsibilities towards our volunteers and in return we have some expectations of you.
If you would like to explore in more detail becoming a volunteer for the Air Ambulance then please complete the form and we will be in touch.
Respectfully we ask that you:
- Work as part of our team in partnership with other volunteers and staff from the Charity.
- Protect the reputation of Thames Valley and Chiltern Air ambulance and do not take part in
fundraising activities that could bring the Charity into disrepute.
- That you adhere to our policies and decisions and that you observe Charity guidelines specifically
in relation to health and safety, data protection and equal opportunities.
- That you do not allow anyone to use the charity’s logo or brand without prior permission from a
member of the fundraising team.
- That you let us know if you are unhappy in any way so that we can move forward together
- And that you see yourself as part of our committed team of fundraisers
- And that you have fun
In return we will:
- Ensure you get the most out of your volunteering and that you are in the right role for you.
- Listen to your ideas and suggestions and implement them were possible given the objectives of
- Keep lines of communication open at all time between volunteers and staff
- Ensure that you are appropriately trained and equipped for the role we ask you to do.
- Ensure that you are safe at all times.
- Reimburse you for any agreed expenses you incur as part of your volunteering role.
- Keep you up to date with the charity’s goals, achievements, policies and developments.
- Recognise and celebrate the commitment you give us.
- Do our best to ensure you have fun whilst volunteering
What type of volunteering would you like to do?
commitment you give us