Open Garden Co-ordinator
We are looking for volunteers to take over and manage our Open Gardens scheme in Buckinghamshire and/or Oxfordshire.
Last year we celebrated the 10th Anniversary of our Open Gardens Scheme, which also became the Scheme’s most successful year to date, raising over £48,000 for the Charity.
Our current Scheme co-ordinators, Tony and Margaret Finch, are returning to co-ordinate the Scheme for 2013 but are also looking to mentor new coordinators as they look to develop the scheme further and make Open Gardens even more of a success in the future.
Tony & Margaret, based in Berkshire, have done an amazing job in developing the scheme across the three counties but are now looking to mentor new co-ordinators in Bucks and Oxon as the scheme has grown so much with huge success.
• To plan and coordinate local Open Garden. This is already in place and any new volunteers will be
briefed and trained in the role.
• To plan marketing and work alongside TVACAA staff in the run up to the event.
• To co-ordinate events on the day and manage volunteers.
• To locate new local gardens to take part in the scheme.
• To be able to work under own initiative
• Good organisational skills
• Physically fit
• Ad hoc
• Weekdays and weekends
Telephone: 0300 999 0135